PLAYER INTERVIEW: Tyler Sanford - LB - 2022
Palmetto Prep Academy’s Tyler Sanford recently sat down with Stewart Dolbeare to catch up on the upcoming season.
1. What made you choose Palmetto Prep Academy?
I chose Palmetto because of its highly respected image of getting athletes scholarships to colleges and how well organized the program is compared to other post-grad schools I came across.
2. What high school did you graduate from?
I graduated from O’Fallon Township High School in O’Fallon, IL.
3. What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 recruiting class?
What makes me a top prospect in the class of 22 is my experience on the football field and my overall athletic ability to make clutch plays under challenging circumstances.
4. What is one thing that colleges and universities should know about you?
Colleges should know I’m a very determined person. If I imagine myself accomplishing a goal, I’m willing to do anything to see it through.
5. What are you thinking about majoring in when you get to college?
When I get to college, I plan on majoring in either computer science or engineering.
6. What is the best advice you have ever received?
Some of the best advice I ever received was written on an autographed jersey from Demarcus Lawrence, in which he wrote,” May God bless you with whatever you want out of life. The only thing is, is that you have to work for it.”
7. Overcoming adversity is what defines character; what was the most challenging moment in your life to overcome?
The most challenging moment of my life was overcoming my Mother’s death when I was 13.
8. Do you have any offers currently?
During the spring, I received offers from Missouri S&T and Davenport University.
9. If you could sell yourself in one sentence, what would you say?
If I could sell myself in one sentence, I would say, “I’m willing to outwork the person in front of me out no matter how much I want to quit.”
🏈 6’1 225 – LB
📚 3.75 GPA
🏢 Palmetto Prep Academy (PG)
🏢 (HS) O'Fallon Township High School
🎓 Class of 2022 – Mid Year
🎥 HS Film: